Good morning Everyone,
What a beautiful day it is today. Play outside for a short time before you start some schoolwork. Remember to keep your distance of 2 metres from others.
We hope you are getting on well at home. Put on your uniform, find a space to sit at and pretend that you are at school.
Today we want you to do the following:
See the links below with your class' poem and colouring-in sheet.
1. Listen to the poem (press the play button, if there is one)
2. Read the poem three times
3. Write the poem in your copy or on a page
4. Decorate the poem
5. Practice learning the poem (do you know off by heart?)
6. Present the poem to your family
7. Older Classes Pupils - Follow steps 1-6 then. Write your own poem and then follow steps 1 - 6.
Poem for the Junior Classes
Junior Infants, Senior Infants and 1st Class
by Leanne Guenther
Colouring-in Page (print out)
https://www.dltk-holidays.com/t.asp?t=https://www.dltk-holidays.com/spring/poem/brossetti-caterpillar.gif (To download the page click [Print Template])
Poem for the Middle Classes
Second, Third and Fourth Classes
My Spring Garden
by anonymous (author unknown)
The Poem link
https://www.dltk-holidays.com/t.asp?t=https://www.dltk-holidays.com/spring/poem/b-my-spring-garden.gif (To download the page click [Print Template])
Poem for the Senior Classes
Fifth and Sixth Classes
by Evaleen Stein
The Poem link
https://www.dltk-holidays.com/t.asp?t=https://www.dltk-holidays.com/spring/poem/bstein-dandelion2.gif (To download the page click [Print Template])